Apple TV (4th generation)
The future of television is here!
TV is a major part of our lives. We gather together around our big screens to watch big shows and big events. Yet somehow, the overall experience of TV has continued to stagnate. Until now. It all starts by recognising that apps are the future of television. Netflix, Stan, tenplay, iTunes, PLUS7, ABC iview — apps are quickly becoming how we watch today. So we built a foundation around this vision — with an operating system called tvOS, innovative ways to connect with your screen and a smart use of Siri to search for something to watch. This is Apple TV. This is where television is headed.
It’s all about apps.
Apps are the future of television. Think about it. On your mobile devices and computers, you already use apps such as Netflix, tenplay, Stan and iTunes to watch TV shows. And that’s exactly where TV in the lounge room is headed. Apps have liberated television. They allow you to make individual choices about what you want to watch. And when and where you want to watch it. With Apple TV and its powerful tvOS, developers are creating experiences that will change what you expect from your big screen, making your TV feel as personal as your iPhone or iPad.
All the entertainment your TV can handle.
iTunes movies and TV shows. Netflix and Stan. ABC iview and tenplay. Live sports and news. And so much more. If it’s worth watching, there’s definitely an app for that.
Apple TV gives you access to the best content — blockbuster films, TV programmes, sport, your music and photos, and more — on your HDTV. You can even play content from your iOS device or Mac on your TV wirelessly using AirPlay.
- Hit films and TV programmes on demand
- Live sport, news and weather
- Your photos and videos
- Family Sharing
WHAT YOU NEED
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND THE APPLE TV WARRANTY
Every Apple TV comes with complimentary telephone technical support within 90 days of your Apple TV purchase. In addition, your Apple TV and all included accessories are covered against defects for one year from the original purchase date by a limited hardware warranty.
Genius Bar — Available at every Apple Store. It’s the place for free advice, insight and friendly, hands-on technical support for your Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV. Make a reservation ahead of time to guarantee your place.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Height: 23 mm (0.9 inches)
- Width: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
- Depth: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
- Weight: 0.27 kg (0.6 pounds)1
- Apple single-core A5 chip
- HDMI cable (sold separately).
- High-definition TV with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p.2
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network.
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies, buying TV shows and buying music.
- iCloud account for viewing photos and videos via iCloud Photo Sharing and films in iMovie Theater.
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing.
- Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) with OS X Yosemite or later or an iOS device (late 2012 or later) with iOS 8 or later and works with Apple TV (model A 1469) running Apple TV software 7.0 or later
- Subscription may be required to access some content.
PORTS AND INTERFACES
- Optical audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth support for Apple Wireless Keyboard (requires Apple TV software version 5.2 or later)
- Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- Operating temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640-by-480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280-by-720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
Shop with CONFIDENCE
Australia wide delivery
Free pick up in store
Free local delivery to Singleton & surrounding areas (min purchase $100)
We Also Recommend